Established in 1915 in a small storefront at 906 Dorchester Avenue by James A. Murphy and his wife, Elizabeth T. (Mahoney) Murphy, the business was relocated to its present facility at 1020 Dorchester Avenue in 1934. Four generations later the Murphy family, under the guidance of Tom Murphy is poised to continue to serve the needs of this ever growing and diverse community.
In 2017 Scally & Trayers Funeral Home located on Pleasant Street closed its doors and we welcomed James Trayers and the many families he served to our funeral home.
The cross affixed to the roof of our main chapel was the same cross that sat atop St. William’s Church for over twenty years. When St. William’s Church closed in 2004, we asked the pastor of the newly formed Blessed Mother Teresa Parish, if we may refurbish the cross and display it on our funeral home. He graciously accepted our request. We feel that many of the families we serve, especially the families from the former St. William’s Parish, would appreciate holding their loved ones services in the shadow of such a significant symbol of the neighborhood.